All homeowners and property managers love the appearance of a healthy green lawn. Not only does this make your home look well taken care of, but it also increases the value of your property and keeps your yard in your neighbour’s good book.
In today’s yard care society there are standards and unspoken requirements, one of these being the need to eliminate weeds and unwanted growth from the property. To accomplish and maintain this beautiful lawn, a lawn weed control service is a great addition to your typical maintenance package.
Not all weed removal service is created equally, and there are many people who believe that harsh toxic chemicals are needed to control weeds. However, this isn’t the case as it’s better to utilize organic lawn care. Our team of yard care technicians at Yard Hero is dedicated to providing our clients with natural and organic lawn care, and this includes our weed control practices.
Why Do You Need Weed Control?
Weeds are classified as any undesirable or troublesome plant, especially ones that grow profusely where they are not wanted, that take away nutrition and water from your soil. Are you overwhelmed with the quantity and density of weeds covering your lawn? Chances are that your weed problem is contributing to the depletion of important nutrients that your lawn needs to stay healthy and green. This is why it is crucial that you invest in organic weed control.
Organic Weed Control Methods and Practices
Lawns that have a high quantity and density of weeds and unwanted growth happen because their soil is conditioned to want to grow these obtrusive plants and not grass. So what is the best way to organically control and manage weeds? To change the soil conditions so that the soil wants to grow grass!
Our team of yard care technicians at Yard Hero accomplishes this by incorporating natural organic composted manure, peat moss, topsoil and compost yard waste and then over-seeding on a regular basis. This practice is done as weeds don’t like competition for time, space and resources for their “turf”. Our team fertilizes with natural organic materials on a Spring and Fall basis to keep the grass winning over the weeds.
Are you interested in learning more about our organic weed control options? Connect with our yard care technicians today at 780-453-5322 or by filling out our contact form to get your complimentary consultation!
Yard Hero’s other common organic weed control factors include:
- Mowing height — if you cut the grass at least 3 inches, there will be fewer weeds;
- Topdressing the lawn with natural organic compounds followed by overseeding thin or bare spots will improve the health of your lawn;
- Spot treat weeds with an organic herbicide or iron-based selective herbicide or simply pull them out of the lawn.
Our team offers weed control services in the following locations: Edmonton, Sherwood Park, Fort Saskatchewan, St. Albert, Spruce Grove, Stoney Plain, Leduc, and Beaumont.
Top 10 Benefits of Organic Weed Control
- Root Growth Will Improve
- Your Lawn Will Be Healthier
- You Can't Over-Apply Organic Lawn Care Compounds
- Your Lawn's Ecosystem Will Revitalize
- Organic Care Compounds Are Completely Biodegradable
- Organic Care Is Totally Safe For Pets And Children
- Reduce Pollution Of Water And Soil
- Make Soil Less Vulnerable To Disease And Pests
- Assist The Photosynthesis Process
- You Can Save Money Using Organic Care Methods